Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Dream Come True!

 
 
 
When I first found out I was going to be spending the summer in Costa Rica, I knew I would be closing in on an opportunity to check off one of my buck-list items. I'd heard the talk, stories of sightings, but days turned into weeks, turned into months, and I has still not met a real live sloth. Oh! How I wanted to see (maybe even touch?) that weird little creature with the perpetual smile! But, alas, my sloth remained concealed in the jungle, slowing growing moss its motionless mass.
 
Then on day, the very last venture of my trip before I returned to San Jose, our bus happened to stop at a fruit stand on the side of the road. Low and behold, what might the round-faced, fruit selling Tica have as a pet? A baby sloth of course! You can imagine my delight when she let me cradle its stiff little body as it glacially planned it's escape.
 
Here are some other really cool roadside stands:

 
And here are some of the fun fruits you might find there or elsewhere: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!