Sunday, January 10, 2016

Absence

I feel your absence in every room.
I’m tired of looking for you

Wait, you say
I am waiting too long!
I’m afraid I’ll forget
To open the door for you 
I might lie idle 
Consigned to oblivion

You hide
You ask me to wait
I forget what I am waiting for

With each new face
You remind me

Your kiss has been there, all along
On the lips of others
That wear different eyes
And hold me 
With different hands

Your kindness has been there
While I sit across the table
From a different man

Your passion has danced
In the eyes of one whose words
Relay a separate truth

Your generosity has been there
There in the hearts of many
Sharing comfort
Warmth

I see you and feel you
At every crossing
Coming and going
Wearing many faces
Women with hats
Men with shoes


I feel your presence in every room.

___________________________________________


Maddieonthings.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!