Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Letter to a (new) Lover, Version 2


*maddieonthings.com

Dear Lover, 

I am proud of who you are. 

You are strong. You pause to listen to the whispers of your heart. Your soul shines brightly through your teeth and pushes out through the crevices of your body with joyful animation. 

You are aware. You carefully consider your place in the world. You recognize your impact and value. You see clearly through the eyes of others with compassion and acceptance. 

You are wise. You seek joy. You live in abundance. You find gratitude in the morning sun.

I am proud of you.

You are brave. You take risks. You trust. You fly freely through the ether on winds of curiosity.

I am are kind. Your generosity flows like ribbons through the air. The world dances in your wake.

I am so proud of you.

Thank you for your comfort, lover. You put me at ease. When you reach out to hold me, how I melt under your embrace. 
Thank you for seeing me. You are not confused by the entanglement of humanity and divinity. Your sharp eyes capture our totality. 
Thank you for your sweetness. The way you care for me, hold me, love me.
Thank you for your love. The way you open your heart so fully, so honestly, so purely. As though you’ve never known hurt.
Thank you for your thoughts. How you adore me, as though I’d hung the moon. You believe in my success. And I am certain of yours.

My stomach flutters and my heartbeat quickens in response to your approach. I breathe a thousands breathes of your name and close my eyes to the sweet reverberation. 
I love you with all of my parts in all of the ways. From the tips of my lashes to the stretches of my soul. I surround you where you go and protect you on your way. I am your master defender. Your pupil and your guide. Your body joins mine - like separated limbs of the same vine grown together once more. 


Welcome home my darling. 


*Maddieonthings.com I can't say how much I adore this photography! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!