Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pocket Support

Pocket Manfriend: Kenneth
About a month or more ago I went to a group interview a Lululemon (yoga apparel) and we were asked to give a 1 minute demo on anything we wanted. Truth be told, I was not the most prepared at this interview and I was scrambling to come up with an idea to present. Other people taught useful things, such as how to fit someone for running shoes or a great ab exercise. I on the other hand pulled a very small rock out of my pocket and proceeded to draw a face on it with a Sharpie marker.

It was a Pocket Manfriend. The idea was that whenever you feel nervous or down in the dumps, you give your worries over to the little guy (or girl) and he cheers you up with his "steady as a rock" support and encouragement.

Well, long story short, my wonderful little idea dropped like a smelly dead fish in the middle of our interview circle, and no one even cracked a smile.

I didn't get the job.

But nevertheless! - I still think the Pocket Manfriend is a lovely little trinket to carry, if only for the fact that you will laugh at the ridiculousness of it. I certainly do!

What would you name yours?

Pocket Manfriend: Kenneth

And don't forget about your Pocket Girlfriends.
Pocket Girlfriend: Lucy

Find them on Etsy thanks to Nicola Rowlands.

1 comment:

What do you think?!