Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Creating the Conditions of your Life

"Happiness is not created as a result of certain conditions. Certain conditions are created as a result of happiness." - from the book Communion with God, Neale Donald Walsch





Take today to consider this quote. Does it ring true for you?

It's funny because I remember having a mindset even as an awkward middle-school-er, that things will be better when ....(fill in the blank) . As a girl in middle school, I assumed life would improve significantly upon reaching high school, oh yeah, that's where it's at. Then once in high school, I was still left wanting and so I couldn't wait to get to college, because I knew then I would have freedom, then I would be happy. Yet, although my circumstances certainly changed when I got to college, I still had the notion that I needed to graduate and get out, because I needed to experience the "real" freedom of living in and discovering the world - that'll bring me joy.
Given the fact that this perceived notion of freedom and happiness was never obtained out of any set of conditions, perhaps I was going about it all backward?
Imagine whatever quality it is you'd like to experience, whether love, joy, abundance, freedom, security, peace - you name it. Now imagine that you already have it. Done. Well that was easy, wasn't it? Say Thank You!
Now watch and notice if your circumstances begin changing in response to this new attitude or quality you have adopted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!